|We hold the power of the world in our hands through Social Media – But we must have a plan!|
“Talking to the Crowd” is the subject of my 45 minute keynote presentation as well as the focus of my interaction with business and enterprise.
Here are a random sampling of facts which illustrate why your business is out of touch with the modern economy if you are not connected and engaging in Social Media:
- It took radio 38 years to reach 50 million users, it took the internet just 4 years. Facebook went to 50 million in 3 years and then to 350 million in less than 24 months.
- Social Media users spend 17.5 hours a week on social media sites.
- The 100 million businesses in the world are only generating 20% of the data on the internet. The remaining 80% is being generated by consumers (your customers) in personal engagement. Now THAT is a conversation worth being part of!
- 5 of the worlds top 10 most visited sites are social networking sites (with Facebook at # 1).
- These figures will grow exponentially as access to the internet becomes faster, easier and cheaper.